Thursday, November 08, 2007

Blueberry Muffins - Take 3

I love muffins. Specially when baked fresh. Betty Crocker Muffin Mix is really delicious and very easy to make. It doesn't need a whole lot of equipment to make, just a bowl and a spoon, which means it is also easy to clean up afterwards.
I used to get them from Al-Jazeerah Supermarket when I was in Bahrain, but did not see them since we moved to Jeddah, until about four weeks ago. So I took one bag and was ready for some fresh muffins for the weekend breakfast.
Week 1: I got up before my wife and told her to get ready for some good fresh chocolate chip muffins. Got the bags, heated the oven and read the instructions. You will need, water, an egg, and a stick of butter. Butter??? I don't recall the muffin mix needed any butter. Maybe I forgot, since I did not make them for a while now... But damn... we don't have any butter!!! No muffins this weekend.
Week 2: We got butter.. Same thing.... get up... get ready to bake and have fresh muffins for breakfast... Re-read the instructions... HEY!!! Those are NOT muffins!!! Those are Cookies!!! Damn it!!! The box looked exactly like the muffin box, and the Arabic label was probably confusing... Oh well.. the cookies are not as good, but okay...
Week 3: We bought another muffin box. Made sure it was Muffin this time. Same story... Get up.. get out the box.. and there are these ants on the box... hmmm.. get out the muffin mix, and those ants were making a party out of the mix!!! They made a hole in the plastic bag... Damn those ants! Just next to the muffin box was an opened bag of sugar... no ants. dates in an opened box... no ants. closed muffin mix bag... ants make a hole and get in... grrrr.. .
Week 4: Got another box, and put the box in the fridge. Hopefully I'll be able to have some fresh baked muffins for breakfast tomorrow....

Have a great weekend everybody..

No comments:

Just Google it!